Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Inspiration!

When I started this journey I knew that I would need help from my friends and members in my community. But I have literally been BLOWN AWAY by the support I have received this far. My yoga teachers Tina, Christina, and Jen at Blue Sky Yoga agreed to do a fundraiser yoga class and even a dinner afterwards! My friend Sonja Wieck who is a professional athlete responded to my email FROM VACATION that she would jump right on it when she got back. And my beautiful running friends Monica, Caroline, Rene, and Ginny (with whom I now do dinner rather than run) have all agreed they want to help plan the EVENT of the year to raise money. Even my co-workers who are being hit up by one fundraiser after another have been so enthusiastic. Chris, if you're reading this, thanks for all the suggestions on my blog. Rick - thanks for the $100. And Robin, thank you for wanting to help plan the event of the year!

I am so grateful to be surrounded by such amazing individuals. I was a bit scared when I started this journey that I wouldn't be able to raise $20,000. But now, I am inspired! My vision that started out as mine alone is now part of a collective community and I now feel like there is no way that I can't succeed!

No comments: